£25k-£28k (based on experience)
Based in Nottingham
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning, well-established and growing software company, based in Nottingham city centre.
Imosphere provides pioneering technology solutions to the health and social care sector. We're currently looking for an IT Support Technician to join our IT Team.
The IT team is responsible for providing friendly and efficient support to all internal users, maintaining the company's IT infrastructure and implementing new systems and services. The team also provides infrastructure advice to the development and software/customer support teams and a consulting service to external customers.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Support Technician's primary responsibility is internal customer IT support which includes:
- responsibility for the Internal helpdesk;
- 1st/2nd line software and hardware support of client devices (desktop, laptop and mobile);
- 1st/2nd line software and hardware support of the infrastructure (network, servers, backups); and
- 1st/2nd line business application support.
You will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT Manager.
What we're looking for:
- a strong focus on customer service;
- an ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels and communicate at an appropriate level;
- a logical thinker;
- good analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills;
- up-to-date technical knowledge; and
- an in depth understanding of the software and equipment your customers/employees are using.
The role will allow you to:
- develop and consolidate your knowledge of the company's products and processes, with a desire to further your career;
- continually develop personal knowledge of IT by making best use of the training resources available, including other members of the team and the internet;
- freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas within the company; and
- understand and develop further knowledge of the key technologies used within the business which include: Microsoft Windows Desktop & Server OSs; Microsoft Office; Active Directory; Microsoft Exchange; VMware vSphere/ESXi; Veeam Backup & Recovery; Windows Server Update Services; Linux Servers (CentOS); Microsoft SQL Server; Networking (wireless, firewalls, vlans, trunking etc.)
Key skills, experience and behaviour
The ideal candidate will be:
- bright, self-motivated and driven with a desire to progress in a career in IT Support through on the job and formal training;
- understanding of the importance of confidentiality;
- numerate and literate, with GCSE at grade C or above in Maths and English;
- proactive and organised, with an ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure;
- analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to solve problems quickly, efficiently and completely;
- credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication skills;
- reliable, flexible and cooperative;
- diplomatic and tactful; and
- personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic nature and passion for excellence.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'IT Support Technician' as the subject.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies please.